interested in volunteering or working with us?
there are many roles available here at the EDRSC depending on your interests!
If you’re interested in helping the EDRSC develop our visual brand, gain a following on campus and educate folks on disordered eating, this could be a great position for you!
- researching for educational Instagram posts
- writing and editing blog posts
- writing social copy
- creating social media graphics
If you’re interested in event planning for Eating Disorder Awareness Week, Mental Health/Illness Awareness Series, fundraising, and are passionate about helping the cause of eating disorders and disordered eating, this might be a great position for you!
- leading events (comfortable in public speaking)
- organizing and planning event content
- outreaching to external speakers
- interviewing speakers
Event meetings occur once a week.
Total hours required: 2-3 hours/week
If you’re interested in helping us provide services, including support groups and drop-ins, and are passionate about mental health and peer support, this could be a great position for you!
- facilitating support groups (virtual)
- match and chat with users on our online forum
- facilitating drop-in hours
- assisting with other possible in-person services (COVID dependent)
join our coordinator team!
check back to this page for info on open, part-time positions.
Our finance coordinator ensures the financial sustainability of the Centre. They plan and communicate with all other portfolios about prospective plans for the year, and manage and monitor the expenses throughout the year.
1. Submit all financial transactions (invoices, cheque requests, honorariums, purchase orders, etc) of the Centre to the SSMU Offices;
2. Work with and attend all trainings of the SSMU VP Finance Portfolio;
3. Oversee and coordinate financing of the programming activities and events of the Centre;
4. Ensure that all Coordinators are aware of the rules and regulations around financial transactions, as well as the Centre’s budget and financial restrictions;
5. Ensure the funding and financial stability of the Centre;
6. Keep track of all financial transactions and receipts to ensure the financial sustainability of the Centre and;
7. Be responsible for researching and applying to grants and coordinating fundraising efforts well in advance to secure the Centre’s revenue if needed; and
8. Coordinate with Communications and Events branches in the case of any fundraising efforts for external organizations and causes.
Part time (2-3 hours/week)